Brian Clark is a recovering lawyer, serial entrepreneur and founder of Copy Blogger, RainMaker Platform, and several other successful companies. I met him in Cebu during Tropical Think Tank (notice a theme?), and I was able to ask him how he started out before there was crowdfunding and how he grew Copy Blogger to 8-figures with zero paid ads.
In this interview, Brian and I discuss the importance of validating a product before launching, and why having an audience is so critical, not just from a backer perspective, but for live feedback.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to have these conversations with your customer: “Will it sell?” or “Will people buy it?’, as well as “Do people want it?”
- Always, “audience first”; find out what they want, and how to sell it to them. It’s your job to find out what people want to buy.
- How to ask someone to give you feedback on your idea.
- People love to complain: a complaint is a product waiting to be made, or it is an improvement on an existing product that is not living up to customer expectations.
- Validation has nothing to do with your ego.
Click to Tweet
- “Luck is not a strategy.”
- “Content marketing is how we do things. Content marketing is not something we just preach. It is something that we do.”